Friday, October 14

Peace and love and death to the world!

I'm going to redecorate my bedroom. I'm just not sure how I want it yet. What I do know is that I need shelves for all my makeup, and I would really want a vintage dressing table with a big mirror. I also need colour in my room. I've been looking around the web a bit to try and find a nice coloured wallpaper, but it seems to be quite impossible to find. Another problem when trying to find inspiration is that, in sweden people seem to be afraid to decorate with vibrant colours, and the most boring thing to me, is a room in white. White walls, white furniture, white curtains. Ok, ok, sometimes there is one wall in the room with a different colour, but still. SO EFFIN BORING!

Another thing that disgusts me, when it comes to decorating, is all these words people insist on putting on their walls. "Harmony, Love, Hope" etc. The only thing missing is a big peace sign, and you would feel like you're in a hippie community. Just a lot less colourful one. :P


So yeah, I can see how redecorating my bedroom is going to be a big and looong project. And if anyone knows of good place to get inspiration, please let me know!











1 comment:

  1. One word: Paint! I did that in my student appartment. Painted over the white wallpaper. You can make anything you want that way. =] Even a big less colourful peace sign =D

    Numi

    ReplyDelete