Tuesday, October 11

Ghosts of christmas past...

Been thinking about my dad a lot lately. Probably because his birthday just passed. It's 12 years since he passed away, and I still think about him daily. I miss him so much. I guess there's never really no getting over the death of a parent. I just wish I could've had my dad left just a little bit longer, so I could tell him that I love him and how much he's meant to me, but most of all that I'm sorry. The last time I spoke to him was the day before christmas eve 1998. We had an argument and fell out. I never spoke to him again. 3 weeks later I got a call saying my dad had died... I was so stubborn and naive back then, and this is something I will never get over, and it isn't any easier to deal with, 12 years later.

But anyway, happy birthday dad. I wish I could've said it to you, and given you a present, instead of lighting a candle and hope that you sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment