Friday, January 13

Too old?

I was talking to mu mum earlier, and I was talking about changing my hair colour. To which she had strong objections. Not that she wants me to stick with the pink, but she say's I'm too old to be dying my hair in bright colours. Ok, so I guess mum wasn't perhaps the best person to discuss it with, but anyway. I've been thinking about it for a bit.

So my question is, - Do you really get too old to be yourself?

My mum surely thinks so. She thinks it's time that I fall in line and join the mainstream population.

My own answer to the question is, No. You are who you are, and it's up to the rest to learn to accept it, not as different, but as something normal. It's just a different style than what yourself might prefer, and hey, I'm not trying to force my style on to anyone, and I definitely don't hurt anyone. This is who I am, and I'm happy about it. So why shouldn't it be accepted even if you're over 30-40 or even 70?

What do you think? I would love to hear some opinions about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment